Five Reasons Why Custom Kitchen Pantry Closets Are Worth the Cost
If you have looked into the possibility of custom closets, you may be sold on their usefulness, as well as their time- and money-saving qualities. Your custom closet designer can also organize your kitchen pantry for you. Have you wondered if having your pantry reorganized would be able to save you any time and money? Are you curious as to whether a custom pantry is worth the cost? Here are the top five reasons why they are:
- A custom pantry can add value to your home Many people, both men and women, are avid cooks and enjoy spending time in the kitchen. It’s one of the first rooms that would-be buyers look at when entering a home for the first time. Remember that you only get one chance to make a first impression, and a neat, professionally designed custom pantry can really make a powerful impact when you’re trying to sell your home.
- A custom pantry keeps your food organized. How can this save you money? When you know what you have available, how long you’ve had it, and where it all is, you don’t waste money on mid-week shopping trips. When your pantry is neat and tidy, you can see at a glance what you have, allowing you to do your grocery shopping once each week. Furthermore, it allows you to use up what you have purchased, so you’re not throwing away expired food.
- A custom pantry reduces kitchen chaos at “the witching hour.” You know what hour that is: the one after work and school, when everyone is hungry and you need to get dinner made and cleaned up before evening activities and, if you have children, homework and bedtime. Instead of looking for missing appliances or ingredients, everything you need will be at your fingertips, allowing you to make dinner with no fuss and little muss.
- A custom pantry helps you get your counters cleared of appliances. At any given time, you might be using your toaster, your blender, your slow-cooker, your coffee grinder or your mixer, but probably not all at the same time. If you don’t have enough room in your cabinets and pantry, you might be storing these appliances on your kitchen counters. This takes up space that you could be using for food prep. You could also enjoy the look of cleared kitchen counters instead of seeing piles of clutter!
- A custom pantry can be child-friendly. If you have little ones, you know that they eat a lot of snacks. Pantry shelving and drawers can let you fill some easy-to-reach sections with kid-friendly foods, giving your small children some autonomy and allowing you to take a break from constantly serving them snacks. If your kids are older, your easy-to-use pantry allows you to store their breakfast and lunch items easily, so they’ll know what they can eat when, and can handle their own needs during the morning rush.